Yes, you can use your cell phone to look up the best scholarships for you. But, what if there were another way to utilize your cell phone for the purpose of attaining a scholarship? We have discovered some interesting programs that tie the two. That is why we are calling this piece: scholarships and cell phones.
So, if you are currently in possession of a Samsung Galaxy On5 phone, and it is without the proper accoutrements, visit izengate. You can pick up a lovely wallet, flip cover, phone case for under $10. And, you will even have your choice of four colors. That way, your phone will be safe and fashionable as you learn more about the connection between scholarships and cell phones.
The Link between Scholarships and Cell Phones
College is expensive. So, if you don’t want to walk away with a degree and a tremendous debt monkey on your back, getting a scholarship is in your best interest. However, not all the information we provide here will lead you to those scholarships. In fact, we are just attempting to reveal the link between scholarships and cell phones. Therefore, take some time to learn a little bit more about these connections:
- org– They are a global organization focused on social change. With 5 million members, there are a lot of causes that benefit from their support. If you choose to donate a cell phone to them, they will aid those in the midst of domestic violence and enter you into a contest to win a $4000 scholarship. They offer a slew of other simple scholarship opportunities as well. Learn more.
- Cell Phones for Survivors– Participants competed to collect cell phones to fight domestic violence. The student who collected the most cell phones won a $10000 scholarship. You might want to look into that one. It is also a DOSomething.org scholarship contest. They collected a grand total of 2,982 cell phones during the contest. On the site you can leave your information and they will let you know when it’s time to try again. Here’s the link.
- HCC’s Sociology-Anthropology Club– At Holyoke Community College, the members of this club are collecting cell phones to create a future scholarship opportunity. They send the phones away to a recycling company who pays them for the phones. That money is going into a fund to establish the initial $15,000 endowment necessary to begin offering scholarship monies to future students. They intend to focus the scholarship on HCC students actively involved in environmental causes.
- Verizon Wireless Scholarships– They have established the Verizon Foundation as part of their corporate responsibility mission. Dependents of employees are given an opportunity to attain $5000 scholarships which are renewable for three years. There’s also a Black History Essay Contest that awards 37 students with $2500-$5000 each year. A school specific scholarship is on the list as well and in 2010, Verizon partnered with Cape Fear Community College to offer money to a victim of domestic violence. Follow the link provided to get all the specifics about these Verizon supported scholarships.
Surely you were unaware of these scholarship opportunities. They are particularly unique as they are attached to cell phone donations or the company that provides you wireless service. We hope you will learn more about them. Happy searching.
Getting that dream scholarship is an art and something that will change the rest of your life. Your college life and study after school will determine your future and if you have worked hard to get your grades up you will understand the importance of getting rewarded for your hard work. The most important time in your life will most probably be that first step you take toward your future. With thousands of students competing for the same scholarship you might feel that your chances are limited. Take a look at these few tips that will help you get where you need to go with the right assistance. For great tips on nailing your scholarship interview click here.
You need to first of all start searching for scholarships as soon as possible. Waiting too long isn’t ideal because you might miss deadlines that have been set by the institutions that are offering the scholarships. You can actually start applying for some of the many scholarships that are available to students in grade 9, 10 or 11. You don’t necessarily have to be a senior to apply for a scholarship. You should constantly be informed about new scholarships that become available for application. The more you apply for the better your chances are to get approved. If you search for scholarships it is in your best interests to answer all the pre-qualifying questions in order to get twice as many matches for your search. Take a look at Philly 3.0 to learn more about a group of business orientated individuals that are involved in the political side of things in Philly if you are perhaps interested in a political scholarship. You will be able to sound informed if your interview does come up. This is important because knowledge is power.
You can easily use a free scholarship matching service online that is regularly updated. This will enable you to receive email notifications about new scholarships that match your criteria. Make time to search local bulletin boards for scholarship info near your guidance counselor or financial aid’s office. You can also apply to every scholarship that you are eligible for. By pursuing less competitive scholarships you will increase your chances of actually being awarded one. This can include essay contests and small award scholarships. At the end of the day the money adds up. Click here to get tips for your scholarship essay.
The most important thing to remember is that you shouldn’t miss any deadlines. Use a system or calendar to help you keep up to date with your applications. You should make your applications to match your sponsor’s goals in other words if you have a need become an engineer find sponsors that are looking for someone in the engineering field. If you find it hard to write essays you should record it first and the write it later. Make your essay personal and hit the right notes to impress your future and prospective sponsors.
It does not mean that just because you are a student, you do not have things to pay for anymore. In fact, you have a lot of expenses when you are a student. Aside from your tuition fee and your accommodations, you have to pay for some books. You also have to pay for the extra expenses that will allow you to live comfortably everyday. It will not be a problem if you have a huge allowance but like most students, you have to get by with just enough.
You may want to save because of course, there are also things that you like to have. Perhaps you have seen the ad about the discount on gym clothing and you know that this is the best way for you to have decent clothes when you go to the gym with your friends. You do not want to spend a lot of money and this is your opportunity. Do you think that there are ways by which you can save money?
Before you can save money, perhaps you can think of ways on how you can earn extra money. For instance, you may want to sell your used textbooks that you do not need anymore. This will help students who are trying to save have the same book for less than its usual amount and you will have extra money to spend on different things as well. If you are creative, you may sell the things that you create for a certain price as well.
Here are the things that you can do in order to stretch the amount of money that you have:
- You would have to limit the amount of times that you eat out. You may always be tired to cook or you may not like preparing your food in advance but when you try not to eat out so much, you will be surprised with how much money you still have at the end of the day.
- Tone down your vices until such time when you can cut those vices out from your life. Do you realize that when you smoke and drink, you are spending a lot of money on things that are unnecessary?]
- If you have your own car, do not use it often. If you are only going somewhere near, you can walk instead. This will be good for your pocket because you do not have to spend on gas and your body will thank you for it because you are recommended to walk about 10,000 steps every day in order to maintain a fit and healthy body.
- Cut out on the things that you do not need. Do you honestly need the magazine subscription that you pay for every month? If it is unrelated to school and you know that you will not get anything out of it then just stop the subscription. You will be able to save more money in the long run. You may get to know more money saving tips when you check this
Are you ready to try saving money as a student? For sure, you will not have any regrets.