When we start looking for methods in which to fund our college endeavors, it is no wonder that we are quickly overwhelmed. Scholarship applications are strict and deeply involved. If they aren’t asking you for lengthy essays (and most of them are), they are asking for long letters of recommendation. Who has time for all that? Easy money is unheard of but, these scholarships might prove that wrong.
Although you will find this part of the article a little odd, it will all make sense as you continue reading. There are 500+ million Instagram subscribers worldwide. That means that the more Instagram likes you achieve, the better ranked you will be. This is important because we are going to share a scholarship in this piece that is devoted to awarding you staunch Instagram supporters. Yes, you read that right. So, start getting some likes. You did know you can buy them, right?
Easy Scholarships for Your Consideration
Not that we are trying to take your education lightly, but chances are, if you are looking for scholarships, you can’t afford it anyway. So, you are going to need access to easy scholarships for your consideration. Definitely fill out those more difficult ones because they will scare off a lot of your competition. But, don’t miss out on these 4 opportunities either:
- Legislative Lottery Scholarship– Of course, this one will only help you if you are a New Mexico native graduating from a high school there. This is a partial tuition scholarship that goes into place automatically as long as you maintain a 3.5 GPA and choose to attend a public university or 4 year college within that state. That’s some mega money, folks! Learn more.
- 10th Annual Create a Greeting Card $10,000 Scholarship Contest– Here’s where that active Instagram account will benefit you greatly! You could potentially utilize your most well liked picture from your Instagram account to create the greeting card design. And, the best part, you can start working on winning this award as young as 14! $10,000 will get you through a year of college, if you go somewhere cheap! Read this.
- com’s Scholarship Contest– You could acquire up to $10,000 more dollars with this opportunity. This is only going to work once you have been accepted to a college. That means, you must have already written a killer essay. After all, that’s what these guys are looking for, the essay that got you into the college of your choice. Very few people are applying for this scholarship. So, now is the time, if you’re already in college, to dig up that old essay and hand it over for some new money!
- com Scholarship– We know how frustrating it can be to complete an application package and the essay that is required only to discover you have missed the filing date. They don’t care if you are only a day behind. That’s what makes scholarship searching so challenging, trying not to run out of time to apply. Thankfully, this scholarship offers you a year-round opportunity. Keep in mind, they are only doling out $1000, but it’s $1000 you didn’t have before, so go for it! Apply here.
If you need some more help finding scholarships this piece has some great advice.
If you have always been good in art, then you know that this is one talent that you want to improve so that you can have a career that is related to art someday. Finding art scholarships however are a bit hard because there are not a lot of scholarships available. You may have tried looking far and wide and sometimes you have come across some sites like http://www.pestkilled.com that is not actually related to what you are searching for. Still, your determination to find the right scholarships can pay off.
In order to help you out, here are a few of the scholarships that are available that you can apply to:
- Lois Livingston McMillen Memorial Fund
This is only available for women who live within the victim of Connecticut Community Foundation who aspire to become art students. The amounts that they can give range from $500 – $4000. There is preference given to women who are more passionate about visual arts of painting and design. The money that will be awarded can be used to enrol in a college.
- Melton Art Reference Library Art Abroad Scholarship
This awards $1500 scholarships to different aspiring art students who are part of the Art Abroad Program. One of the requirements of the scholarship is that one of the classes that should be taken is an art class. Only those who are in need of financial help will be given the chance to be granted this type of scholarship.
- Berrien Fragos Thorn Arts Scholarships for Migrant Farmworkers
The application for this type of scholarship is a case to case to basis which explains why it does not have any deadlines. $500 grants are given to migrant farm workers who show interest in developing skills that are related to media and art. This type of scholarship does not require the people to actually apply in school but they should show how they managed to obtain doing agricultural work.
- Florence Lemke Memorial Scholarship in Fine Arts
This is the scholarship provided by The American Legion Auxiliary, Department of Washington. This can be awarded to the children, grandchildren and even the great grandchildren of veterans who are from the Washington State. In order to be eligible, the applicants must be high school seniors who plan on pursuing education that is related to Fine Arts. Other requirements are the following:
- High school transcript
- A short essay about the topic
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Japanese American Citizens League Creative & Performing Arts Scholarship
This is being offered by the Japanese American Citizens League and this is available to their young members. The recipients will be chosen depending on their academic merit, their ability to do art and their involvements in other activities that are deemed important by the organization. If you would like to submit an application so that you can get a scholarship, you will be required to submit the following:
- A letter of recommendation
- A personal statement composed of 2 pages
- A sample artwork that will show off your artistic ability
These are just a few of the scholarships that you can consider when you aspire to become an art student. There may still be more available near you that you can try.
The ever dramatic world of politics keeps some people hopeful for more entertainment if not at least a few good one-liners. As we near the next presidential election we find ourselves in a political conundrum in which picking the least of two evils doesn’t even seem possible anymore.
Now we need a third and fourth, possibly even a fifth party, to come to our rescue. But if we don’t understand the whys and wherefores of the political world we will probably never see it altered for our well-being. This is exactly why we need more young people to venture into the world of political science. However, the state of the economy can prove to be quite a hindrance.
While people like Mark Dubowitz are arguing on Capitol Hill and trying to defend this country from its terrorist attackers, so many of us are barely getting by. And, as much as parents would like to provide for their children’s educations, the money just isn’t there to do it. Thankfully, there are scholarships for young people bent on making a difference in this country. Check them out!
7 Scholarships for Political Science Students
Many of these scholarships are in honor of politically active people that came before you. Please do their memories well by working to sustain and improve our great nation.
- Virginia and Frank Misselhorn Memorial Scholarship– Focused on supporting counterintelligence and national security workers, the Lint Center for National Security Studies, Inc. is offering this scholarship. Students interested in this line of work would do well to make contact with Mark Dubowitz and his Foundation for Defense of Democracies. Learn more about that here.
- The California Federation of Republican Women’s President Ronald Reagan Scholarship- This $2000 scholarship is available to registered Republican undergraduate women studying communications, political science, or law.
- NFRW Betty Rendel Scholarship- Three scholarships of $1000 each are given to Republican women who have completed at least 2 years of school and are studying government, political science, or economics. The scholarship is named after the National Federation of Republican Women’s past president, Betty Rendel. Read more.
- Michael P. Murphy Public Service Graduate Scholarship- Backed by the Dyson Foundation in honor of Michael P. Murphy, this annual scholarship is only available to residents of Duchess County. They must be currently enrolled in, or getting ready to attend, graduate school for purposes of pursuing a government-focused career.
- GWCF National Scholarship Competition- All high school seniors endeavoring to pursue a career in government are welcome to compete. An essay is required for participation in the competition. Learn about the GWCF here.
- Enid Hall Griswold Memorial Scholarship- Designed for current college-aged juniors and seniors, all applicants must be seeking degrees in political science, government, history, or economics.
- Charles Koch Foundation Dissertation Grant- Having supported programs for the less fortunate for over 50 years, the Charles Koch Federation continues to do so through support of the study of free societies. They offer dissertation grants to help current PhD students desiring a career in academia in the philosophy, political science, or history arena.
Don’t be afraid to pursue your political science interests. Even when your peers are telling you it’s a lost cause or “boring.” Without innovative leadership and people willing to really look back on the historic documents that founded this country, we will lose all our forefathers designed and died for.