When we start looking for methods in which to fund our college endeavors, it is no wonder that we are quickly overwhelmed. Scholarship applications are strict and deeply involved. If they aren’t asking you for lengthy essays (and most of them are), they are asking for long letters of recommendation. Who has time for all that? Easy money is unheard of but, these scholarships might prove that wrong.
Although you will find this part of the article a little odd, it will all make sense as you continue reading. There are 500+ million Instagram subscribers worldwide. That means that the more Instagram likes you achieve, the better ranked you will be. This is important because we are going to share a scholarship in this piece that is devoted to awarding you staunch Instagram supporters. Yes, you read that right. So, start getting some likes. You did know you can buy them, right?
Easy Scholarships for Your Consideration
Not that we are trying to take your education lightly, but chances are, if you are looking for scholarships, you can’t afford it anyway. So, you are going to need access to easy scholarships for your consideration. Definitely fill out those more difficult ones because they will scare off a lot of your competition. But, don’t miss out on these 4 opportunities either:
- Legislative Lottery Scholarship– Of course, this one will only help you if you are a New Mexico native graduating from a high school there. This is a partial tuition scholarship that goes into place automatically as long as you maintain a 3.5 GPA and choose to attend a public university or 4 year college within that state. That’s some mega money, folks! Learn more.
- 10th Annual Create a Greeting Card $10,000 Scholarship Contest– Here’s where that active Instagram account will benefit you greatly! You could potentially utilize your most well liked picture from your Instagram account to create the greeting card design. And, the best part, you can start working on winning this award as young as 14! $10,000 will get you through a year of college, if you go somewhere cheap! Read this.
- com’s Scholarship Contest– You could acquire up to $10,000 more dollars with this opportunity. This is only going to work once you have been accepted to a college. That means, you must have already written a killer essay. After all, that’s what these guys are looking for, the essay that got you into the college of your choice. Very few people are applying for this scholarship. So, now is the time, if you’re already in college, to dig up that old essay and hand it over for some new money!
- com Scholarship– We know how frustrating it can be to complete an application package and the essay that is required only to discover you have missed the filing date. They don’t care if you are only a day behind. That’s what makes scholarship searching so challenging, trying not to run out of time to apply. Thankfully, this scholarship offers you a year-round opportunity. Keep in mind, they are only doling out $1000, but it’s $1000 you didn’t have before, so go for it! Apply here.
If you need some more help finding scholarships this piece has some great advice.
If you are one of those wait ‘til the last minute people, then these are the scholarships you have been looking for. Each one listed on this blog will have a due date in May. That means you have several more months to get everything gathered together and prepared, to attain some assistance getting into college.
Don’t wait any longer, get your May printable calendar and start writing down these due dates. You will definitely need this free money. So, don’t procrastinate any further. Go to Calendar Zoom and print out a May calendar so that you can write down these scholarships and the dates in which they are due. The more you apply for, the better your chances at receiving some of this free money.
30 Scholarship Applications Due in May
There are nearly a hundred possible options for your May due dates. However, we are only going to offer you a list inclusive of 30 scholarship applications due in May. Be sure to do your own investigating to determine which scholarships are best suited for you. Here they are:
- Cappex Easy College Money Scholarship
- Ann Lane Gates Scholarship Fund
- Betty Medearis Memorial Scholarship
- Barbara S. Davis Memorial Scholarship
- Manning and Zimmerman Scholarship Contest
- Samuel Schulmann Memorial Scholarship
- Singerman/Nosseck Memorial Scholarship
- Sophie Greenstadt Scholarship for Mid-Life Women
- Neil Adkins Lineworker Scholarship
- JASC Scholarships
- Nielsen S.T.E.M. Scholarship
- Pedro Zamora Young Leaders Scholarship
- Illinois Hotel & Lodging Association (IHLA) Scholarships
- Asparagus Club Scholarship- This one struck us as funny, so read more about it here.
- Press Club of Dallas Foundation Scholarship
- Sue Blackwell Scholarship Fund
- Michigan Council of Women in Technology Undergraduate Scholarship
- Jennifer Curtis Byler Scholarship
- Hope Through Learning Award
- Timothy S. and Palmer W. Bigelow, Jr. Scholarship
More than $5000 Scholarships
- Stephen W. Cavanaugh Scholarship
- Nevins Teaching and Clinical Research Fellowship
- Kansas Optometry Service Scholarship
- Earl Warren Scholarships
Scholarships for Single Moms and Women
- National Slovak Society Scholarship Program
- Phi Chi Theta Scholarship Program
- Women’s Education Coalition Grant
- Woman-to-Woman Scholarship Program
- Mary Paolozzi Members Scholarship
- Colorado Women’s Education Foundation Scholarship
If these scholarships don’t meet your needs, you can check out the remaining 68 here.
Applying for College Scholarships
Now that you have some direction as to which scholarships are available, you probably need additional direction on completing your scholarship applications. Therefore, please take these ten tips under consideration as you fill out your applications:
- Give tangible examples.
- Only apply if you’re eligible.
- Focus on the sponsor’s goals.
- Follow all the directions and completely answer each question.
- Be neat; it counts.
- Develop your own resume of achievements.
- Stick to the deadlines.
- Do what’s necessary to ensure your application gets in the right hands.
- Don’t be afraid to get help if you need it.
- This application represents you, don’t forget that.
Sticking to these suggestions should really help you when you sit down to fill out the stacks of applications you have been putting off for far too long. Don’t be lazy. Do your best on every question and each essay. This is free money that could be the difference between a professional career and flipping burgers for the rest of your life. But, if you still need help, check out this site.