Campus is all about excitement and new experiences. If you are going to your dream college next season, be prepared to keep track of a tight schedule both on and off campus. For this, you would want to invest in a quality watch that is both stylish and practical.
While shopping for that perfect, campus ready watch, keep in mind that it also has to be robust enough for a high energy lifestyle. Whether you are the sporty type or are fond of luxury watches, there are many options available in the market. These are our top tips for choosing watches for students of every personality.
- Campus Powerhouse: An alternative power source always comes in handy, especially for a long day or all nighters at the library. Solar powered watches in this case can be an excellent choice. It captures sunlight, converts it into energy and has you all set for the day. Kinetic watches capture the energy of our wrist movement by using oscillating weights. Automatic watches fetch power in the same way, however, their arrangement is mechanical in nature instead of being battery operated. Either way, solar, mechanical and automatic watches are basically maintenance free- ideal for busy students like you.
- /Ms. Dependable: If you are someone your friends rely on, you need to have a watch that is just as dependable as you to keep track of your commitments. Running between group study sessions, sorority parties and sudden road trips; your watch needs to be able to handle all the rough treatment that you dish out to it. For this purpose, you can get a stainless steel watch. Rubber and leather are also pretty robust.
- The Multi-Tasker: You need a little more information than just what time it is from your watch if you really want to stay on top. For this, you can choose a watch with a few sub dials. They can have features such as a stopwatch, altimeter, calendar, compass, time of other time zones, chronograph, etc. If you can really get one, a smart watch will revolutionize the way you multitask!
- Photographic Memory: Some information is not worth forgetting, especially when college deadlines are crouching upon you. Many models come with a calendar that allows you to store important dates as well as memo on a built in tiny computer. These often have a handy mini calculator that is both cool and useful. These data storage time pieces have advance alarms to help you wake up for an event.
- United We Stand: Matching watches for an entire sorority or club? Why not? There are many stylish models available that cater to various color groups, fandoms and things of interest. You can also get custom designed watches with a logo of your club, the college mascot or a catchy tagline of your sorority. If style is all the craze in your sorority, this site will help you take a look at luxury watches such as tag heur formula 1.
To read more about great watches, read the following article: http://www.overstock.com/guides/top-5-watches-for-students